Problems with starting up

Nutzer fragen, Nutzer antworten.
Antworten
xls1961

Problems with starting up

Beitrag von xls1961 » So 29. Mär 2015, 12:01

Hi there,

This is my first post. I need support to start up my cnc milling machine. Sorry for not writing in German but I don't know enough and I don't trust on Google Translator. I would ask for answers at least in English as well for the same problem. English is not my mother tongue either.

I've just assembled my machine a few days ago. I've followed the instructions assembling the machine, but maybe you can tell were the problem is. I've purchased as a kit directly to you in your online store. Model is A3 basic.

I have a desktop PC with windows 8.1. There wasn't any parallel port, but I've bought one and I've installed in PCI Slot; it is recognized by my computer. I've made changes in its bios and I change to EPP model, I've tested ECP too. System says to me it's working properly. I've have an installation of ubuntu/linux 14 and in there it's recognized as well as a printer port.

I've tested supply connector with a tester. It seems to work correctly (positive and negative poles).

Type card is 2500 v 2.1. I made a mistake, sorry, but I hadn't realized of notice about not to change the jump configuration. Looking up in your forum I've found my card has a similar configuration as 2.0a. I've tried to follow the instructions and I've put back the jumpers for XYZ in first pin and third for - as I've understood as stepper 0,75 A and micro stepp 2-.

I've use your Debian/CNCLinux live dvd. I've had some doubts following your instructions due german and options on dropdown menus: Pin 1 (Spindel ein,I've put Spindel on o Unused), Pin 16 (following something I've found in an answer in a post, Amplifier enable), Pin 17 (unused). I think the rest of them are right.

Please, tell me where could be the problem or checks have to be done for solving it.

Thank you in advance.

Xavier
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Gocnc

Re: Problems with starting up

Beitrag von Gocnc » Mi 22. Apr 2015, 11:19

Hi..
Please use the LinuxCNC Config description from GoCNC.de Homepage( Service/LinuxCNC).
This work exactly.

Best regards.
GoCNC
Es grüßt das GoCNC.de Team
Tel.:02371 7837105 (von 8:00-16:00 Uhr, dann Feierabend)
xls1961

Re: Problems with starting up

Beitrag von xls1961 » Mi 22. Apr 2015, 11:51

Hi there,

Everything is working nowadays. Your after sales service and support had been very kind.

By the way, Windows 8.1 has some handicaps. USB Studio has been a good choice for me. W 8 doesn't recognize LPT port, but it doesn't matter with USB Studio. Two advices for Windows 8.1 users: run program in administrator mode and previously change configuration to be able of installing no signed soft ... as you suggest to me.

Thanks,

Xavier
Antworten